Audrey’s House raffle
You have the chance to host up to 15 friends and family at Audrey’s House in Batavia, Illinois!
Audrey’s House, LBFE’s year-round program center and summer vacation retreat, is a beloved home away from home for the older adults we serve. Whether they’re escaping the city on a daytrip, an overnight stay, or a four-day getaway, everyone who stays at Audrey’s House know they’ll be comfortable, relaxed, and surrounded by friends.
For the 2nd year, we’re raffling a five-day, four-night stay at Audrey’s House! Not only do you have a chance to win the use of Audrey’s House — your ticket purchase ensures the stability of this life-changing program center and vacation home for the older adults who count on LBFE. All funds raised will help maintain Audrey’s House for everyone’s enjoyment in the future.
How the raffle works:
- 150 tickets are available at $100 each — purchase yours here.
- Ticket sales will end at 5pm September 28, 2023 or as soon as 150 tickets are sold. A drawing for the winning ticket will be held the afternoon of September 29, 2023. You do not have to be present to win.
- The winner of the raffle will choose from spending Thanksgiving (11/22 to 11/26), Christmas (12/23 to 12/27), OR another five-day, four-night period outside of our summer vacation season, agreed upon in consultation with LBFE, at Audrey’s House (check in and check out is at noon).
- The winner is required to make a refundable $350 deposit for any damages beyond normal wear and tear. The deposit is due the week before your stay at Audrey’s House begins.
- The prize is non-transferable.
Audrey’s House features:
- With 8 bedrooms, 6 full baths and two half baths, Audrey’s House accommodates up to 16 people
- A state-of-the-art kitchen, with space for every cook in your group, as well as a Butler’s Pantry
- Between a Great Room, Dining Room, and Sun Room there is plenty of living space for entertaining, games, conversation and kicking back
- Elevator and chair lift between 1st and 2nd floors for accessibility
- Piano for festive celebration
- Ample outdoor space, including front porch with observation deck looking out on nearby pond, back patio, and 1/10th-mile walking trail
There is a FAQ section at the bottom of the page.
You can also email Araceli Nevarez, Development Associate, or call her at 312-604-7233 with any questions you may have.
(Click on photos to enlarge)
Outdoors at Audrey’s House
What do I win?
You win the use of Audrey’s House, our year-round program center and summer vacation retreat in Batavia, IL, for Thanksgiving (November 22 – 26, 2023), Christmas (December 23 – 27, 2023), OR another five-day, four-night period outside of our elder vacation season agreed upon in consultation with LBFE. The house sleeps up to 16, so there’s lots of room for celebrating and enjoying time together with friends and family.
Is there an additional cost if I win?
If you win, we do request a refundable $350 deposit to cover damage that is not normal wear and tear. The deposit will be due the week before your stay at Audrey’s House begins.
If I am not present at the drawing, can I still win?
Yes. You need not be present at the drawing to win.
How will proceeds from the raffle be used?
All funds raised will go toward maintaining and improving Audrey’s House – our year-round program center and vacation home for lonely and isolated elders – in Batavia, IL.
Can I pass this prize on to someone else?
This prize is non-transferable.
What are my chances of winning?
Only 150 tickets will be sold, so every ticket you purchase gives you a 1 in 150 chance of winning.
Where is Audrey’s House?
Audrey’s House is located in Batavia, IL – about 45 minutes West of Chicago. The address and directions will be sent to the winner following the raffle drawing.
Is there parking?
Yes. There is ample parking behind the garage.
Does Audrey’s House have Wi-Fi?
Yes. Login and password information will be available to you and your guests.
How large is Audrey’s House?
Audrey’s House features 8 bedrooms, two half baths, 5 full baths, a large Dining Room, a Great Room, a large Kitchen, a Butler’s Pantry, a lounge, and Sun Room. There is a back patio and a front porch, as well as a large front and backyard. Photo galleries are posted above; click on photos to enlarge.
Is Audrey’s House accessible?
There is an elevator and chairlift between the first and second floors of Audrey’s House.
What time is check in/out?
Check in and check out times are at noon.
Will there be any programs at Audrey’s House during my stay?
No. Audrey’s House will be for the sole use of you and your guests during the time you select.