Audrey’s House raffle
You have the chance to host up to 15 friends and family at Audrey’s House in Batavia, Illinois!
Audrey’s House, LBFE’s year-round program center and summer vacation retreat, is a beloved home away from home for our elders. Whether they’re escaping the city on a daytrip, an overnight stay, or a four-day, three-night getaway, elders know they’ll be comfortable, relaxed, and surrounded by friends at Audrey’s House.
For the first time, we’re raffling a five-day, four-night stay at Audrey’s House to a select group of LBFE supporters and friends! Not only do you have a chance to win the use of Audrey’s House — your ticket purchase ensures the stability of this life-changing, life-sustaining core program for our elders.
How the raffle works:
- 100 tickets are available at $150 each — purchase yours here.
- Ticket sales will end the morning of July 14th or as soon as 100 tickets are sold. A drawing for the winning ticket will be held the afternoon of July 14th. You do not have to be present to win.
- The winner of the raffle will choose from spending Thanksgiving (11/23 to 11/27), Christmas (12/23 to 12/27), OR another five-day, four-night period outside of our elder vacation season, agreed upon in consultation with LBFE, at Audrey’s House (check in and check out is at noon).
- The winner is required to make a refundable $500 deposit for any damages beyond normal wear and tear.
- The prize is non-transferable.
Audrey’s House features:
- With 8 bedrooms, 6 full baths and two half baths, Audrey’s House accommodates up to 16 people
- A state-of-the-art kitchen, with space for every cook in your group, as well as a Butler’s Pantry
- Between a Great Room, Dining Room, and Sun Room there is plenty of living space for entertaining, games, conversation and kicking back
- Elevator and chair lift between 1st and 2nd floors for accessibility
- Piano for festive celebration
- Ample outdoor space, including front porch with observation deck looking out on nearby pond, back patio, and 1/10th-mile walking trail
There is a FAQ section at the bottom of the page.
You can also email Araceli Nevarez, Development Associate, or call her at 312-604-7233 with any questions you may have.
(Click on photos to enlarge)
Outdoors at Audrey’s House
What do I win?
You win the use of Audrey’s House, our year-round program center and summer vacation retreat in Batavia, IL, for Thanksgiving (November 23 – 27), Christmas (December 23 – 27), OR another five-day, four-night period outside of our elder vacation season agreed upon in consultation with LBFE. The house sleeps up to 16, so there’s lots of room for celebrating and enjoying time together with friends and family.
Is there an additional cost if I win?
If you win, we do request a refundable $500 deposit to cover damage that is not normal wear and tear.
If I am not present at the drawing, can I still win?
Yes. You need not be present at the drawing to win.
How will proceeds from the raffle be used?
All funds raised will go toward supporting one of our most impactful programs. Audrey’s House gives our elders the chance to escape a routine of loneliness and immerse in friendship and relaxation.
Can I pass this prize on to someone else?
Because we have not made this a public raffle – and instead are sharing it with our LBFE supporters, volunteers, leaders, and staff – the prize is non-transferable.
What are my chances of winning?
Only 100 tickets will be sold, so every ticket you purchase gives you a 1 in 100 chance of winning.
Where is Audrey’s House?
Audrey’s House is located in Batavia, IL – about 45 minutes West of Chicago. The address and directions will be sent to the winner following the raffle drawing.
Is there parking?
Yes. There is ample parking behind the garage.
Does Audrey’s House have Wi-Fi?
Yes. Login and password information will be available to you and your guests.
How large is Audrey’s House?
Audrey’s House features 8 bedrooms, two half baths, 5 full baths, a large Dining Room, a Great Room, a large Kitchen, a Butler’s Pantry, a lounge, and Sun Room. There is a back patio and a front porch, as well as a large front and backyard. Photo galleries are posted above; click on photos to enlarge.
Is Audrey’s House accessible?
There is an elevator and chairlift between the first and second floors of Audrey’s House.
What time is check in/out?
Check in and check out times are at noon.
Will there be any programs at Audrey’s House during my stay?
No. Audrey’s House will be for the sole use of you and your guests during the time you select.