Become a Volunteer in Kane & DuPage counties
Little Brothers – Friends of the Elderly (LBFE) brings meaningful friendship, engaging programs, and essential services to elders aging without the support of friends or family. And we couldn’t do our work without friendly volunteers!
There’s just three easy steps to become an LBFE volunteer.
- Fill out the form below, and Josh Chartier, Director of Volunteer Services & Community Engagment, will reach out with details for your volunteer orientation
- Attend a virtual orientation
- Complete a background check
Though becoming a volunteer is simple, the impact you’ll have is far-reaching and deeply meaningful!
Become a Volunteer in DuPage and Kane counties
Current LBFE volunteer needs in the Kane and DuPage area
- Phone Visiting Volunteer – Alleviate elder loneliness through phone calls to catch up and check in. We’re seeking volunteers able to commit to calling an elder twice monthly for a year, building and deepening a friendship during this time.
- Visiting Volunteer – Share conversation and laughter over a cup of coffee or during a walk. We’re seeking volunteers able to commit to visiting an elder twice a month for 12 months, building and deepening a friendship during this time. Volunteers should also be fully vaccinated to participate in-person with fully vaccinated elders.
- Leadership Team Volunteer – We’re looking for volunteers who would like to help plan and facilitate various programs, including recruiting volunteers, seeking out lonely and isolated elders in the area, and hosting luncheons or celebrations.